Welcome to Walnut Street Elementary
The William Penn School District, having high expectations and accountability for all, is committed to a continuous learning ethic that promotes student achievement and prepares students to make positive choices.
In a safe and nurturing environment, the William Penn School District, in cooperation with its communities, will assume responsibility for engaging students in diverse and challenging learning experiences. High expectations and accountability will be established for students and staff. It is our vision to develop classrooms that engage students fully in their learning, where students work independently and in groups, and where the importance of continuous learning is emphasized. Our schools will become places where students develop the skills to make positive choices in their lives.
(Values listed as belief statements)
- We believe that every individual has worth.
- We believe that every individual can learn.
- We believe that education is a right as well as a privilege.
- We believe that students, parents, and community working in partnership promote lifelong learning.
- We believe that every individual in the learning community is entitled to a safe and healthy environment.
- We believe that every individual is entitled access to opportunities that develop one’s potential.
- We believe that our community’s diversity is a strength.
- We believe that knowledge is the result of active and purposeful learning.
- We believe that students have a responsibility for their learning.
- We believe that teachers have a responsibility for their students’ learning.
- We believe that the community has a responsibility for educating its youth.
Assemblies for student Recognition and Special Topics
First In Math
Band of Brothers/Circle of Sisters
Scholastic Book Fair
PBS Behavior Support Program
Family Programs such as Donuts With Dads and Muffins with Mom
We Support organizations such as:
The Leukemia Foundation